Breast Augmentation Prices and Payment Options
Breast augmentation offers a solution for those unhappy with the size or shape of their breasts. Breast augmentation can have a lasting impact on self-esteem and confidence by giving patients fuller, youthful looking breasts. The cost of breast augmentation varies depending on the patients individual needs. Here is a general price overview for Gainesville plastic surgery patients, along with payment options to help make patients’ cosmetic surgery goals a reality.
Breast Augmentation Options and Effect on Cost
There are many factors that determine the cost of any breast augmentation treatment. These factors vary from person to person and include such things as incision type, implant type, and surgeon experience.
There are different incision techniques used for breast augmentation surgery. The type of incision used can affect cost of treatment. Incision techniques include:
- Inframammary: This technique involves an incision that is made beneath each breast, along the natural crease. This approach is associated with the lowest costs.
- Periareolar: Periareolar incisions are made around the areola, specifically where the areola meets the breast. This helps to disguise scarring between the darker tissue of the areola and the lighter tissue of the breast.
- Transaxillary: The transaxillary incision is made in the underarm and the implant is moved from the underarm to the breast. This approach is a bit more complicated and may result in a higher cost.
The type of implant can also influence cost. There two types of implants, saline and silicone. Silicone implants are generally more expensive than saline as they both look and feel more like natural breasts.
- Saline implants: Saline implants are made of silicone shells filled with a saline solution. The saline solution, which is essentially salt water, makes saline implants very safe. The body easily absorbs the saline solution in the event of implant rupture.
- Silicone implants: Silicone implants are more natural feeling and looking than saline but they are also typically more expensive.
The size of breast implants can also affect the cost of surgery. Large implants may be more difficult to place, and therefore would be associated with a higher cost.
Prices and Payment Options
The price of any breast augmentation greatly depends on the needs of each patient. The type of incision used along with type of implant and skill of the surgeon all influence the price of breast augmentation. For personalized pricing, we welcome Gainesville breast augmentation patients to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gaines.
Though actual costs depend on the needs of each individual, the cost of breast augmentation usually ranges from $5,000 to $12,000; the cost of breast augmentation can be paid in a number of ways. Credit cards are a feasible option, as are medical financing options like CareCredit, which offers financing options for cosmetic surgery at low monthly rates.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Gaines
One of Dr. Gaines many goals is to provide affordable, quality care to improve the lives of Gainesville area patients. We welcome patients to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gaines to discuss personalized costs and payment options.